Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Ready for a Vacation? Honeymoon?

Living in the Pac NW is a reminder of my childhood in the Midwest - by March every year I was dying for a tropical vacation to feel the sun on my face, the sand between my toes and salt of the ocean on my skin.  Even though it's been a mild and fairly sunny winter here, this year is no exception - I'm ready for a vacation.  The two places I'm dreaming about right now - also two great options for honeymoon destinations are:

1) The Rockhouse in Negril, Jamaica

My friend goes here every single year and always comes back fresh faced and relaxed.  It looks like quite an amazing spot and well...I love Jamaica - my pup is the Mr. Rasta pup after all.





I wouldn't mind this being my villa either!

And from what I've looked into the pricing seems fairly reasonable as well and a great second option if this is booked or a little too pricey Tensing Pen in Negril looks equally as wonderful.



2) Verana, Pacific Coast/Mexico


If you've followed my blog for any time at all you would know that Mexico is my spot.  In fact our honeymoon was at the fabulous boutique hotel Tentaciones  in Zihua.  Just to entice you to go there here are some previous posts from our trip (here, here and here).  I would go back there in a split second but I'm always on the search for a new spot to check out.  Verana has been on my list for a LONG time but it's not the easiest place to get to.  Talk about over the river and through the woods.  You fly into Puerto Vallarta, jump in a taxi for a 30 minute ride, get on a boat for a 30 minute ride and finally take a mule to the resort...yes, a mule!  Seems well worth it to me for this little slice of secluded heaven.










Who doesn't want to be napping here right now?


And there are those mules - ready to whisk you away...HA!


Anyone else ready for a vacation?  Where did you go on your honeymoon? 
I'd love to hear.






2 comments:

  1. It must be great to have a wedding like this!!! Love it so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THOSE PLACES LOOK STUNNING, IF I COULD I WOULD TAKE MY FIANCE RIGHT NOW AND LEAVE!

    ReplyDelete