Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Real Wedding: Kimberly and Kevin's Pear Orchard Vintage Farmer's Market Wedding

I am SO excited to be posting this wedding today.  This is one of my favorite Hood River wedding venues - Bella Vista Orchard.  It's a working pear (among other things) orchard and they have the coolest rustic luxury camping accomodations.  You can say your I do's surrounded by hundreds of pear trees and dress up this lovely orchard for a fabulously rustic chic wedding like the one I'm featuring today.

I've been wanting to showcase this venue for a while now and I can't think of a more perfect wedding that highlights its beauty.  I'm so glad that the lovely bride Kimberly and talented photographer Courtney Jade shared their experience with us.  









This "first look" father/daughter moment is priceless!


Here is what Kimberly had to say about her special day:

My wedding day was the most beautiful day of my life. Once we were engaged we talked about getting married in an Orchard...this was harder to find than I ever imagined. Bella Vista was among the few we found that actually allowed weddings on their premises! Thank goodness it was perfect in every way. The pears (those doughnut peaches too!) and incredible view of Mt.Hood is what sold me. Our guests loved the casual atmosphere and stunning beauty that Bella Vista had to offer. The flowers, my dress, and decor were all absolutely perfect.  

The mini daisies with billy balls are kind of awesome!











The natural backdrop for this ceremony setting is beautiful



















What was your favorite moment of the day? 

The sweetest moment of the day was taking communion with my new husband, it represented us and what our marriage is centered around. I love looking at our pictures and reliving the most amazing day of my life.






What a cute idea - pedestal for the kiss...I could have used this on my wedding day!
















Now for the details - the combination of rustic and vintage touches set against the natural setting of the orchard - they nailed my perfect wedding tone and decor!

We had nine months to plan our wedding and to get the vintage farmers market feel I was longing for, it took a lot of patience and dedication searching craigslist, thrift stores, garage sales, and lots and lots of antique. Mainly Monticello's market place on Stark in Portland." Kevin loves antiques as much as I do so it was a fun date together searching for the furniture and the antique details we used in the wedding.






These flowers are amazing - I couldn't stop thumbing through all the colorful flower photos...






Great setup









Another beautiful moment captured





Lovely details mixed into this dessert display!








and it must have been good!




This bride and father duo are too cute!


What advice would you give to future brides?
My one word of advice for any bride-to-be: GET A WEDDING PLANNER! and have lots and lots of dancing:)


I like her advice on the planner!  Thanks again to Kimberly and Courtney for sharing this special day with all of us.

Photographer: Courtney Jade
Location: Bella Vista Orchard in Hood River
Catering: Silver Spoon Catering in Portland, OR
Flowers: Jill Hayes of Boring, OR
Dress: Casablanca via Bridal Exclusives in Clackamas, OR
Bridal Accessories: Sarah Seven
Bridal Shoes: Seychelles
Bridesmaids: Anthropologie

18 comments:

  1. You can visit crystalpurseshop.com to get ideas about bridal evening bags because that could become the most prominent part of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this wedding looks so natural

    ReplyDelete
  3. What amazing pictures! And what a beautiful day

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful wedding! love her dress..simple and so nice:X:X:X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a lovely and intimate wedding! Every detail in here just reminds of the bond that is celebrated. To be honest, every single time when I see wedding pictures, I just wish I could have my wedding once again - there are so many great ideas it's impossible to use them all in just one day! :)...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really really like this wedding… :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love all of these details :X congratulations for this beautiful wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vibrant red bridesmaid dresses!! Love the belt!!!And so fresh and and beautiful daisy bouquets!!! My favorite flowers!! The setup is so great!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those pics, it was a nice wedding. Congratulations and best wishes to the newly weds and looking forward always for more updates. Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the bridesmaid dresses! nice wedding! congrats

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, STUNNING post. I specifically love the wedding gown of the bride, tube dresses never get outs of fashion, anyway. The Tube dress looks equally awesome with this one http://www.missesdressy.com/1612-embroidered-lace-dress-bridal-mori-p-13249.html. Congratulations to the newly weds, great post dear!


    Monikka
    http://www.missesdressy.com
    http://blog.missesdressy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love brides dreeses! Wedding is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so beautiful wedding . thanks for your sharing .

    ReplyDelete
  14. The best thing of these wholesale women rolex watches is it tends to last longer and stays in fashion for many years together. Being catier watches manufactured by some of the best designers in the world, most of these handbags are durable and of superior quality. These mens jackets are made of finest leather, exquisite fabrics and quality embellishments. You can also find attractive cheap miu miu handbags varieties when you buy it. Handbags with zippers and locks, magnetic buttons and beautiful embellishments cheap chanel handbags can be found on these designer handbags. Some of the most exclusive varieties of leather are also used for the manufacture of it

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great romantic photography which really describes the chemistry of love in this couple. I think that they had an over joyed wedding event whose memories will last forever.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome.. thnaks For Sharing..
    The venue choosen and the decoration done after that makes the place awesome ...
    Every tradition done gets the lovely feeling....
    Montreal Wedding Dresses

    ReplyDelete